AAMCO Crystal Lake, IL has received an “A” grade in the 2014 Illinois Air Team Repair Shop Report Card. The Repair Shop Report Card says a shop’s letter grade is “an indication of a shop’s ability to diagnose and repair vehicles that have not passed the Emissions Test”.
We at AAMCO Crystal Lake, IL are proud of this “A” grade and are ready and available to help you with your vehicle when you need us. We at AAMCO Crystal Lake, IL will take the extra step of road testing your vehicle so that all monitors are reset and take the vehicle to the Illinois Air Team Testing Station to make sure it passes. When you pick up your car, the vehicle will have been repaired, road tested and have passed the Illinois Emissions test.
Has your vehicle failed an Illinois Vehicle emissions test?
We will diagnose your vehicle to determine the reason for emissions test failure. Once the required repairs have been approved and completed, we will take your vehicle back to the Illinois Air Team Testing Station to be retested. If your car doesn't pass emissions after we've fixed it then, there is no charge for the emissions related work.
When a vehicle fails the Emissions test, it will need to be repaired and retested at an Illinois Air Team Testing Station.
- OBD (On Board Diagnostic) Monitor Status -most common - Vehicles that do not have a sufficient number of monitors set to “ready”.
- OBD Catalyst Monitor Status - Vehicles that fail and OBD test with Diagnostic Trouble Codes for problems with catalyst efficiency are rejected if they return for a retest and the catalyst monitor is “NOT READY”.
- Fluid Leaks - Vehicles that actively leak more than a few drops of fluid during a pretest inspection are rejected.
- Overheating - Vehicles producing steam under the hood or showing “HOT” on a temperature gauge/warning light or are actively leaking coolant are rejected.
- Incomplete Repair Data - Vehicles are rejected for a retest when the Repair Data Form is not completed
- Damaged Driver’s Door - Vehicles are rejected if the driver’s door will not open.
- Damaged Steering Column - Vehicles are rejected if they cannot be shifted or started in a normal fashion.
Bring your vehicle to AAMCO Crystal Lake, IL We will diagnose the problem, complete repairs and have the vehicle retested at an Illinois Air Team Testing Station. Call today for a convenient appointment.